We offer brand new spacious, warm and beautifully designed homes with a range of shared ownership and rent to buy options across the North West. Our commitment to building homes and communities to the highest standards means you need look no further to find the home of your dreams.
Just some of the areas we cover are Manchester, Cheshire, Tameside, Ribble Valley and Lancashire.
Shared Ownership is an alternative home ownership scheme which provides first time buyers, or those who do not currently own a home, an opportunity to purchase a share in one of our superb, new-build properties.
THE BENEFITS OF SNUGBUG SHARED OWNERSHIP
Shared Ownership gives purchasers the opportunity to buy a share in one of our new homes – usually between 25% and 75%.
Purchasers pay a mortgage on the share of the property, together with a below-market-value rent on the remainder, along with any service charge and ground rent.
As the purchaser only needs a mortgage for the share of the property they are buying, the amount of money required for a deposit is generally much lower than would be required if the purchaser was buying the property outright.
Some of the benefits of Shared Ownership are that:
- Shared Ownership can enable people to get on the property ladder as owner-occupiers, without the need to overstretch themselves financially.
- Deposits are generally much lower than buying on the open market.
- Shared Ownership makes mortgages more accessible, even if purchasers have lower incomes.
- Monthly repayments tend to work out much cheaper than for an outright mortgage. Monthly payments are often lower than in the private rented market.
- Purchasers have the option to buy more ‘shares’ of their homes in the future, as their circumstances change, via a process known as ‘staircasing’. In most cases, purchasers can staircase all the way up to 100%, thus owning their home outright.
- Purchasers can sell the shares they do own at any time.
- It is not normally necessary to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax on the initial purchase.
- Unlike private renting, purchasers have greater security of tenure and long-term stability. So long as the rent is paid and mortgage repayments are made, purchasers can live in the property for as long as they wish. • Whilst properties are generally leasehold only, some homes can become freehold after ‘staircasing’ up to the 100% level.
- Though there are some restrictions on the extent of structural alterations and home improvements purchasers can make, purchasers are free to decorate their homes exactly as they wish.
SOMETIMES WE OFFER ‘RENT TO BUY’
Rent to Buy is a government designed scheme which is intended to ease the transition from renting to buying a property, by providing subsidised rents. It is sometimes known as ‘Rent to Save’, ‘Rent to Own’ or ‘Intermediate Rent’.
THE BENEFITS OF SNUGBUG ‘RENT TO BUY’
With the Rent to Buy scheme, you rent one of our newly built homes at approximately 20% below the market rate for up to five years.
During that time period, you will have the option to buy the property or to buy part of the property under our SnugBug Shared Ownership scheme. When you get to the end of the five year time period, you either have to buy part of the property or move out.
Homes are made available to rent with a shorthold tenancy, at a reduced rate of 80% of local market rents. The purpose of this is that the shorthold period of paying less rent gives you the chance to save for a cash deposit so that you can apply to buy a share of the home later.
Between the end of the second year and the end of the five-year agreement you can apply to buy your home.
When you apply to buy your home you will receive 25% of the rent you have paid back plus 50% of any increase in the property value since you moved in.
This money can be used towards a deposit to buy your home, or part of your home, under our SnugBug Shared Ownership scheme.